This firmware is fully publicly exploited (Kernel + Webkit Exploits). This means you can install and run homebrew and fpkg’s.
How do I update to firmware 5.05?
If your console has a firmware lower then 5.07. You can update the console by downloading the update file here and following these instructions. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND UPDATING PAST FIRMWARE 5.05.
Make sure that the system is not connected to the internet.
- USB Flash Drive (fat32 or exfat)
- Update PUP
On the USB storage device create a folder named PS4. Inside that folder, create another folder named UPDATE. Rename the 4.55 .PUP file to PS4UPDATE.PUP. Save it in the UPDATE folder you created.
Connect the USB storage device to your console, and navigate to Settings – System Software Update. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
If the console doesn’t recognize the update file, check that the folders names and file name are correct.
How can I host / run the exploit on firmware 5.05?
There are many different ways of hosting the exploit. Some of them are listed below:
- ESP Hosting (hardware required)
- PC Hosting
- Android Hosting
- Al-Azif’s Exploit Host
- Online Hosting (click here)
See buttons below for more information on each method.
How do I launch the 5.05 Exploit for the first time?
Depending on the way you choose to host the exploit the following steps will vary a bit.
- Open the Browser
- In the URL bar navigate to
- IP Address or webadress of the Exploit Host
- Choose one of the available exploit chains ex. Xvortex + HEN to install and run homebrew + more.
- Press OK when prompted
- Close the browser by pressing the PS button on your controller.