You can choose to install a PERMANENT 6.60 or 6.61 CFW. Options are ME-2.3 and PRO-C2.
Install Official Firmware 6.60 or 6.61
If your console has a firmware lower 6.61. You can update the console by downloading the update files and following these instructions.
Save the update data on a Memory Stick Duo media using one of the following methods:
- Connect PSP to the PC using a USB cable
- Use the Memory Card slot on your PC
On the USB storage device create a folder named PSP. Inside that folder, create another folder named GAME. Within the Game folder, create a folder named UPDATE. Unzip the Official Firmware Update and copy it in the folder UPDATE as EBOOT.PBP.
On your PSP navigate to Game and select Update select either Memory Stick or System Storage. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
After the update has been succesfully completed you can delete the update data from the Memory Stick or from system storage.
Download Custom Firmware ME-2.3 or PRO-C2
Install Custom Firmware ME-2.3
- Unzip the file you downloaded and copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME/
- Put the 6.61 official update at /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/661.PBP or let the software download it when you have a wifi connection.
- Run the installer from XMB to install the Custom Firmware.
Install Custom Firmware PRO-C2
- Unzip the file you downloaded and copy everything to /PSP/GAME/
- Put the 6.61 official update at /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/661.PBP
- Run the 66x PRO-C Updater from XMB to install the Custom Firmware.
- Run the CIPL-Flasher Tool from XMB to make the CFW Permanent