De laatste keer dat er een grote update van Luma verscheen voor 3DS was al geleden van november vorig jaar, maar het wachten is eindelijk voorbij. AuroraWright heeft namelijk versie 7.0 uitgebracht voor alle 3DS eigenaars met een CFW.
Changelog Luma 7.0
- Added chainloader selector menu (can be called with START on boot, the START payload can now be booted with L+START).
- Implemented IPS patcher for code.bin, you need to copy the IPS patch to /luma/titles/<titleID>/code.ips.
- Added a LayeredFS implementation thanks to @delebile’s hard work. Compatibility should be really good as only two games have been reported as being not working out of all the reports (due to the unusual way they were compiled). To use it, you will need to copy romfs files (following the romfs folder structure) to /luma/titles/<titleID>/romfs/. Coupled with IPS code patching, this allows for easy legal distribution of game translations/hacks.
- Added unverified New3DS SigHax support (it should work fine, though).
- Added support for the power button in menus (thanks @d0k3).
- Added possibility to patch NAND apps (like the eShop).
- Download Play is now region free (thanks @adibsurani).
- Signature checks are patched out for 1.x/2.x NATIVE_FIRM and SAFE_FIRMs (thanks @SciresM).
- PIN changes: PIN is now hidden while being entered, added possibility to clear the inserted PIN by pressing SELECT.
- Stubbed the SetGpuProt syscall on 11.3+ to make *hax payloads work on Old3DS.
- Fixed firmlaunch/reboot patch on New3DS 11.4.
- Fixed config not being saved if a payload was launched after quitting the config menu.
- Refactored the codebase to limit nested if/elses.
- Several other improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments and bug fixes have been made to enhance the user experience.